Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016 and Hello 2017!

Merry Everythang! 
As 2016 comes to an end I thought I would do a little recap of some of my favorite December traditions. 
First off if you have been following my blogs you know how much I love cute coffee mugs. So setting up a hot cocoa station for us to enjoy on the weekends is a must! 

I added to my cookie collection last year with lots of goodies from Pottery Barn intact my fav time to buy is the day after Christmas when all the goodies are on sale. I buy it at a dirt cheap price and box it up for the next year! Love having everything at my finger tips when we start baking. These cabinets are in my kitchen.  


Another favorite tradition is having my youngest write a letter to Santa. He is 7 and I love that he still believes! I know I have a few years so I cherish this.  

wait for it ... wait for it... Yes! DD!! Getting with my crafty girlfriends is so fun and it 
is so fun to see each others albums! 




December traditions also include making tamales! My sisters and I take turns hosting the tamale making party. This year I was up and we had a blast! 


Crismas Mimosas to start the day off!


While we wait for the tamales to cook the littles in our family make gingerbread houses.


This picture below shows my daughter with teens from her confirmation class. Every year go to Target and the teens are given a family. We split up and shop for our family in need. After we purchase gifts we head back to the church and wrap the gifts. We then box up food basket for more families in our community.  After all of our work is done we watch a Christmas movie. Us parents make hot chocolate and popcorn for the teens. This event lasts about 4 to 5 hours but its so worth it! I love watching my daughter serve our parish and give with an open heart. It's a night full of prayer and being filled with god's love.   


This one here is not really a tradition but it's my sons birthday! I love that we get to celebrate him and it's always included in my December Daily. TO BE HONEST I usually end my dd on this date :)  


Last but not least last minute Christmas shopping! We are always pressed for time but we get the job done! 


Ahhh and now a peek of my Christmas morning. The best sight... my tiny people. This picture was taken after breakfast and just before we opened presents.


After presents we rush over to my in-laws and then over to my sisters home. It's such a busy day!
This year's theme at my sisters was "pajama party".  Here's my nieces and I enjoying some tamales we made!


We also get a special visit from Santa. My grand baby was not a fan :) haha Maybe next year she will enjoy him!


As fast as December came in is as fast as it left! In fact my tree came down the day after Christmas!
I'm excited to start the new year with new hope! I am ready to receive all of God's blessing! 

Cheers to new memories and getting those pictures printed!!

Peace, love and pretty paper!
Jossie Posie         

2 comments:

  1. Love it all!! Especially love the photo of all your kids!! That is so precious to have! :)

    Happy New year!!! (ps...sucks about Derek Carr! Your son's shirt reminded me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! Poor us Raider fans!!!

      Delete