Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The #GIRLBOSS Tour - Let's Ride!

I met Sophia Amoruso THE #GIRLBOSS - say wha!?

Yeah, pretty cray cray right?

So good ol Instagram lead me to see a post that Sophia was about to take a #GIRLBOSS TOUR - yes, you read that right.

Her book came out on paperback. I had read the hardback in like two days when it came out. I could not put it down. It was as if she was speaking directly to me.

So when I heard she was going to be 20 minutes from where I worked I knew I had to go meet her.

My opinion in one word bad ass... ok I lied that was two.

She read the introduction to the introduction (which she added to the paperback) and it was awesome. One thing that stuck out to me was that she said, "don't idolize me".

I interpreted that to mean...be your own damn self - each one of us is unique.

She answered some questions and the one question I asked was did she ever feel like what the hell am I doing or why am I doing this? She answered, and it surprised me. I was expecting to hear about her early days but she said she still ask's herself those questions today. I thought is was honest and sincere.

Enough talk let's ride...

Eek! Here I am with the famous paperback...


I set up shop at Barnes and Nobles in the cafe. I brought my Cameo & laptop to make her a stemless wineglass... well because I'm a maker, that's just what I do!  


Font #2 was the choice


My gift to her... because every #girlboss needs their own foiled wineglass.


The #girlbuss (photo credit my new friend Jennifer)




Yes, here she is friends!


She was honest, beautiful and a badass. 

 

Wow, see my smile... that pretty much describes how gosh darn excited I was! 

My new friend Jennifer! She was by herself and so was I! We both where hours early so naturally what do two #girlbosses do? They have fun! 




I had to... 


here it is folks... The #GIRLBOSS gave each of us a swag bag and a $25 dollar gift card to her store. 
pretty rad.

Thanks for taking the ride with me!

If you are in the bay she has a stop tomorrow in SF


ThursdayOctober 8SAN FRANCISCO, CATime: 7:00pmLocation: The RoxieTicketed event
FridayOctober 9CORTE MADERA, CATime: 7:00pmLocation: Book PassageTicketed event
Saturday, October 10LAKE FOREST PARK, WATime: 6:00pmLocation: Third Place Books
Sunday, October 11PORTLAND, ORTime: 2:00pmLocation: Powell’s City of Books    


xoxo
Jossie Posie

7 comments:

  1. You mention her a lot...but I really don't know much about her (except what you've shared). I'm going to have to do more research.
    Congrats on meeting your "idol"/"woman crush"! :0)
    That's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doreen thanks! her story Is pretty awesome!

      Delete
  2. first off...do you ever sleep? you posted at 1:30am???? haha

    So exciting you got to go--sounds like you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG so darn funny Linda! I'm so tired this morning! I didn't even know this posts the time that I added this entry! I had to upload all my photos from my phone before I could post. Which well basically took til 1am! Linda it was a great time! I think I'm still flying high on her positive words!

      Delete
  3. LOL t Linda's comment! ^^ I didn't even notice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doreen - Linda's right! I never sleep! Lol

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you got to meet her, Jossie! The smile definitely says it all!:)

    ReplyDelete