Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Get Messy Link Up!

Hey Happy Thanksgiving and Get Messy Day!
eek! Two parties on one day! La la love it! So let me jump into my pages...
This here is my one word that describes me right now. Balance - I must find balance as I juggle many hats. 
The prompt this month was:  to pick one word that describes you right now. Just one word. I tend to want to do everything all at once. I need to find balance. I really liked the prompt because it's a perfect reminder to get back to basics. The other challenge we had was to play with the word you picked. 

I chose to write the description of my word. I used a nib and wrote or attempted to write in calligraphy. Here is the outcome. My ink bled a little due to my heavy hand flow.   


I also addded washi to my pages as each side had half of a washi tree. I wanted to show balance on both pages. I was inspired by Maria and her lovely simple journal pages. 


Here is what both pages look like together. I have never done pages side by side I usually stick to front and back when I am working. So this change of pace was fun for me. I also started a new journal.


Thanks for stopping by and I would love for you to check out my get messy sisters. We are also having a link up party- come on by! Stay tuned for some exciting news!

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

GetMessy2

xoxo
Jossie 

5 comments:

  1. Love your word and that washi is so cute! Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it dear! happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your handwriting and the way you set down the washi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty page(s)! Good luck finding balance in your life!

    ReplyDelete