Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Get Messy!

Hi another get messy Thursday! So I found myself at a loss as what I was going to create. I had a billion things on my mind as I had set some goals for myself earlier in the year- you can read that here. So the other night Studio Calico announced a class being taught by Ashley G. and I am so in aww of her work! So she is what inspired me to try pattern making. Here we go......
No clue what  I was going to draw but I new I wanted a pattern of some sort. The curvy black lines are my pattern and the pink cotton candy - well I just adore it! So this is it! Now if I can keep at at I would def love to make my own paper instead of buying paper. Why not right? 


A close up picture and you already know I couldn't wait for it to dry! So it's  a lil wet here still. Sorry!

So I used gesso as my base and it really helped because the colors came out so vibrant! I took a class before and I remember the teacher saying gesso was like wearing your underwear! lol You need those!

So this guy... Sup? He's my cool cat! I did see a picture of a cool cat on IG and I knew I needed to draw him. 

Thanks for checking me out today peeps!

Head on over to the link and ck out these awesome ladies...

If you are new here Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check outthese crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal



9 comments:

  1. I was just going to ask you where you Get Messy page was...I had checked earlier...love your page!! You can totally sell that print :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl thank you! If I could I totally would!

      Delete
  2. Cute paper! So funny, too...I JUST signed up for Ashley's class! Are you taking it? I went a little crazy and bought her stamps, but I'm going to get the class supplies from my stash (gotta use them SOMETIME, haha!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I signed up! I didnt want to have fomo! lol Oh so fun! We should totally have a painting party!!

      Delete
    2. Haha! Same here! A painting party would be fun! Girl, I think I'm going to go out and get me some paint and brushes now!;)

      Delete
  3. Pink fluffy cotton candy and a cool cat? What's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some adorable pages. I love the cotton candy one. How funny that your art teacher said that, I guess I go without cause I rarely use gesso. haha!

    ReplyDelete