Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Get Messy! My step by step!

So girls...... It's GET MESSY THA- THA- THURSDAY!!!

Bring it on
Ring the alarm
Don't stop now
Just be the champion
Work it hard like it's your profession
Watch out now
'Cause here it comes

Here comes the smasher
Here comes the master
Here comes the big beat
Big beat to blast ya
No time to quit now
Just time to get it now
Pick up what I'm putting down


OH ... SORRY! 

I was just thinking of this awesome song by my girl Britney Spears ... some think she is crazy but I find her to be a real human with real problems just like the rest of us!

So the song... It gets me fired up and THIS GROUP of Crafty Vixens also gets me fired up! Let's go shall we?

My first craft sales came when I designed wine glasses with black high heels and cut the persons name in vinyl. So I dug out this vinyl and new it was bad ass and needed to be in my journal.  This vinyl is almost three years old I knew i kept it for a reason. 



So this is my page and I want to show you what I did to get here.


Turned on my Cricut and found a font I liked and spelled out these words. A cricut is a die cutting machine. It's BOMB. I have carpel tunnel in both my hands and I would not be able to create if I did not have this machine to cut things out for me. 


I knew I wanted to use these items. I actually forced myself to use a wood veneer. Wood veneer and I just don't see eye to eye. I think it's just fear lol or um I can't comprehend wood on pretty paper?




Trimmed my paper with this awesome tool by Fiskars.


I then lined my papers to sit on top of each other.  From there its like a puzzle everything has its place. If you don't like something-you just move it. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!



So this page....... These are lyrics to my all time favorite song by Tove Lo mixed with a lil Bando!


Before you judge... I don't get high. I don't smoke marijuana. I just like the song ok? I think it's catchy. Do I agree with the stuff that's in her videos - no. She is an artist. Artists express themselves. I am attaching the video in case you would like to hear the song... don't forget close your eyes! Stay High- the Queen of the clouds

Please before you go ck out my messy sisters! 

If you are new here Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check outthese crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal




xoxo

Jossie Posie 



12 comments:

  1. Hi Jossie!

    I also LOVE that Tove Lo song! Makes me think of Summer :)
    Great Pages this week, the thing you have to cut out (circuit?) looks pretty awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Work Bitch"!
    Yup, I love Britney Spears too! Loved her from Day 1...craziness and all! We're all crazy in our own way so why judge?!
    Anyway, loved your post... got me pumped!
    I also love ALL the different styles of art you created; very fun!
    Have to say though...the one w/ the cat mask and jewels is my favorite!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha...you are too funny...love the disclaimer. I love songs too even if the message is a little (or a lot) different than my views...

    My all time favorite Britney song is Toxic :D shhh!

    Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda! I love it! That's one of my favs too!! I am glad I made you laugh!!

      Delete
  4. you're so cute! I also love that song...your pages are always so real and sassy. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you France! You know I'm just a girl trying to make some art :)

      Delete
  5. You've inspired me with your cut out letters my dear. Am jealous of your fabulous machine. Shoe shaped wine glasses? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your pages. Especially the inspire someone. That's kinda the whole point to this group so you inspired me to create more. =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love BritBrit :) Your pages are so cute and I'm obsessed with your handwriting! I think the black ink on the white page is my fave! Have a great weekend! xo Bec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pages as always! thanks for sharing, have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete