Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Crafts & Cocktails!

Yes, there is such a thing! My sweet friend's Linda , Liz and  I got together for a day of crafts. Liz invited us over and she said bring any project you would like. I knew I had been wanting to try the Tim Holtz Christmas trees with his ranger inks. But first - a selfie of our drinks!  

Here are my trees! 

Here is where their temporary home was.





 So I started out spraying and spraying! I think I used about three different pink inks before  I found the color I wanted. If you are wanting to know what finally did the trick it was a simple bottle of Recollection's  water color ink! A whopping $4 bottle of water color from Michael's! I sprayed until I got the color I wanted and let the trees dry for about 3 hours. I love the way they turned out!



Linda and Liz working on their projects. We made snow globes, painted and made wreaths! It was such fun to see what everyone was creating! We are currently challenging ourselves to use what we have instead of buying more. It's working out awesome!  


Cheers!



Oh instax - I love you! We laughed so hard. Not one picture came out but we didn't care! 


I could not have asked for a better bunch of friends. We all love pretty paper and we  could sit and talk for hours. So bust out your crafts and invite your friends over! It's my turn next to host and I can't wait to see these ladies again!

One of my dreams is to host events so that other ladies can come and have great fun! I found friendship with ladies who love what I love. 

Thanks for stopping by!  

Jossie Posie


6 comments:

  1. As always...it was so much fun!!! Love getting together with you girls...can't wait for the next one.

    I got nothing done, but had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we shoukd just call it a get together! No one gets anything done! Lol

      Delete
    2. Right?!? Haha! I like the term 'Crafternoon'. Still might not get anything done, but it sounds more casual, less pressure! Can't wait for the next 'get-together'!;)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun!
    I don't have any crafty friends, but it's okay I prefer to craft on my own --- as an introvert I prefer to do MOST things by myself!
    Important question, though...what were you drinking?! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen! I usually craft alone too! I talk too much when I get with friends - it's really bad I even hold them up! We were drinking mimosa's as we got together at 9am!

      Delete
  3. I read about crafty gatherings all the time and always thought it was such a great idea (just like Heidi Kenney's Crafternoons) and that's why I wanted to have one. Ours was definitely on a much smaller scale, but wouldn't it be neat to host more?!? Always a good time with you two!

    ReplyDelete