Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Get Messy!!! Th- Tha- Thurrsday!!!!!!!!

Hey girls heeeey...

Yes, I exaggerate way to much, but I like it. What's up!? You ready to GET MESSY!!?? Oh yeah - let's do it!

So ... I chose to scrap (such an ugly word but hey someone thought it would be cute to call it that) this photo because I love this new tee of mine! It is by Mulberry Press Co. I really admire her and her #girlboss ways. I'm sure I have said this before but I want to design my own tees, mugs and prints. I'm thinking if I say this enough it will happen! So I pulled out the old DUCK TAPE! Yes! lol My daughter thought it would be cool for 15 seconds to have a duck tape pen flower business ... yeah say that 10 times. It lasted about 5 pens in and then she was done! She closed up shop and that was all she wrote. I had to giver her a break she was only ten at the time. oops... ok so I basically just wrote what was on my tee and put my photo on it.  I then slapped a gazillion filters on the picture til I looked somewhat goth girl meets glam punk-rocker. 




Hi Ok no filters here... just me layering vinyl. I cut these out using my cricut explore. The machine is awesome! I used a lil colorshine under the photo and called it a day! I did not even wait for it to dry! Why...? Well of course because this journal is called GET MESSY! Which is what I do every wed night at midnight just before I post this. I work well under pressure!   


Ready for a technique........ it's called Liquid Friskit! It's the BOMB!!!!!!!!!
So I dipped my paintbrush in the friskit. I spelled out what I wanted then waited for it to dry.... once it was dry I added pink acrylic craft paint with a touch of water. Once that was dry I erased my frisket. In this picture above you can see only the frisket gets removed!

Here is the after. I thought it was pretty cool but hey like they say practice makes perfect! So I did another page!

This picture above I used Mr. Huey's spray mist in purple. 

Wa- La! I like........ 


So that's all for today folks....... but please do ck out my messy sisters! I promise you will love them and all their fantastic creations!!!
If you would like to see my get messy sisters you can follow below...


If you are new here Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check outthese crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal



Thank you for stopping by!


Jossie and The Pussy Cats!!! 

14 comments:

  1. I had never heard of liquid friskit before now but it looks awesome, great technique. I also love your t-shirt :) You did awesome, especially since you did it last minute! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was super fun and a bit scary since I was so last minute! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, these are super pages. I truly love the colors. Perhaps I can try the frisket idea on my pages next week, I was trying to think of a way to reach just that look! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It's a pretty fun I promise!

      Delete
  3. Amazing work! Love your pages, and that t-shirt is too cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also not fond of the word scrap! Good to know I'm not alone. Awesome technique. I'll have to look up frisket and try it sometime! I bought an oil-based white sharpie marker to try to get that look but it was kind of disappointing. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool- i need some "frisket" love your pages AND your t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very awesome! Love your get messy book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh, I never heard of liquid frisket...i just like the way it sounds:) love your pages...so fun and bright

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your frisket girl. Never heard of half the methods you are using but all look fabulous fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Love your writing style...kinda all over the place, like mine! (BTW "kinda all over the place" is a total compliment! LOL)

    Love your pages! That shirt of yours is "awesome sauce!" and I like the way you repeated it's phrase as the BG of your page!


    Very cool technique as well.
    Friskit?! Hmmm...gonna have to research that!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love neon pink duct tape too and that page is my fave of yours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are great! Digging all the pink and purple!

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete