Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Get Messy: Challenge Yourself!

Hey you - ready... it's Thurrrsday! Yes! Only one more day til Friday! No I'm kidding, it's get messy and this months prompt was to challenge ourselves by creating with something new. I like anything you can buy new! I thought wow what a great prompt! As I started to think I remembered my Hello Kitty sewing machine that was just siting waiting to be used! Join me in my journey of frustration to conquer this machine.

So here is my masterpiece! I successfully added thread to my bobbin and threaded my needle! That was the hard part my friends! Crazy awesome in a cool hard way! So here is my girl that I got out of a magazine. I loved that she had a bubble in her mouth. I just glided my paper through the machine and it felt so good to finally be sewing. I know it's just paper but I am loving it. I also feel like after mastering this what else can I not do!


So since my theme was poppin bubbles I added these celebs to my pages and started sewing them on instead of adding adhesive. Now have mercy on me.... I'm new ooohkay? My lines are not straight but hey isn't this a get messy journal?  


Waa-laa!  

So this is my Hello Kitty sewing machine that I got last cyber Monday. It was an incredible deal for like $112 plus free shipping from Joann's. This Hello Kitty 18750-sewing-machine  regular price is $499. Crazy right? The crazier part is I bought it to sew on paper! Shhh... my honey thinks I'm going to hem pants. Ok sorry back to my pages...   

So  the other challenge was to journal. Journal hmmm... I find it hard to write a lot because I tend to get so personal. I did my best.

This page here I did write a bit. It's pretty personal and I chose to only include the picture because I thought it was FAB. I'm sorry this photo belongs to someone on IG. I don't remember the name! (Sorry)  


You Like? Since I was still feeling creative I brought out my nail polishes because why not!? I have never put it on paper> it was new to me> and I must say it was fun!  


That's what this is about making art FOR FUN!!
So ladies and gents... thanks for stopping by and please go check out my amazing get messy sisters here:  

If you are new here Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check outthese crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal




xoxo
Jossie Posie 





   

11 comments:

  1. Still obsessed with the hello kitty sewing machine. Obsessed.

    Also - sewing on paper is one of my true loves, I discovered it back in college and thought I was the forst person to have such an amazing idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my so much pretty girly goodness you're sharing today!!! Eeeek!
    I LOVE Marilyn Monroe, have since I was a tween ( was tween a word back in our day?), so I love seeing her on your page! I also am just absolutely loving that nail polish page! Not only is it cute, but I am in awe that you actually used nail polish to paint your page! That is super crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bubble gum / hot pink chair / nail polish art ... what DON'T i like about this post?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute pages :) YAY!!! You used your sewing machine :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages! I love that you sewn on your pages. I haven't touched a machine yet so your doing better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! The sewing is fantastic! Well done mad Hello Kitty sewing machine. You can never have too many nail varnishes and these colours are gorgeous. Lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. obsessed with that gold glitter polish...and the sketch you made of it! sewing paper has got to be one of the most pleasant things on earth. wayyyy more that sewing fabric (to me!). A whole new world just opened up...thank you Hello Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh so much FUN! So much to LOVE here! Way to conquer that machine, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with the nail polish! And that Hello Kitty sewing machine is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Love the HK sewing machine, too! And you ain't kidding about the hardest part of sewing is threading the dang machine, haha!

    ReplyDelete