Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Get Messy Art Journal & link up! Let's Parrrtay!

Happy Thursday folks! Why happy? Yes, because on Thursday's we Parrrtay! Sharing some pages from my Get Messy Art Journal! The prompt for this month was to throw a party! Take a peek at my party pages! 
 
 
So the prompt was plan a party. Since I got to select who was coming I invited my mom and dad. I am going to get deep on you here. Since this party was make believe I thought why not!? These people here are my parents. My mom died a month after I started kindergarten. Exactly a month after my 5th birthday. I don't even remember a birthday with her. I don't own a lot of photos of her so this was a scanned copy of one of the photos I do have of her. This picture was taken way before they had us eight girls. I used a party bag to place my picture on top of and inside I wrote the details of how my party would be.



This here is my second page. Please don't laugh...  one of my first attempts at drawing. I drew what I wanted at my party and then used colored water pencils to color over them.  I would love to have my parents there and treat them as royals!
 
I would love for you to check out our "Get Messy Group" come on by!
 
  
If you are new here Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal


Thanks for stopping by! Let's GET MESSY!
 
xoxo
Jossie Posie
 

11 comments:

  1. ah...that is so awesome and special...this is a great journal to be creative with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that photo of your parents. Great pages. 8 kids? Ouchhhhhh!
    Www.lilalovessand.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briella - thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I think it's very moving to want to have a party with your parents. Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Eight girls?!! And sending big hugs to you. When you hear other people's stories, it just seems unbelievable. Loving this. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Julie!

      Delete
  5. That's very touching and sweet, Jossie.:)

    ReplyDelete