Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Floral Watercolor Class with Jenna Rainey

First thing first....
Jenna from Monvoir is all out amazing. 
Not only does she teach calligraphy but she also teaches a floral water color class. 
What's pretty awesome is she not only addresses your invites but she also creates them using floral watercolor and her calligraphy skills. So lets start... join me with a few photos I was able to snap from class.
I was able to snag this photo from the Handcraft Studio School's IG. The studio is so pretty. If I ever owned a studio I would want it to look like this one.

I was greeted with this lovely class kit. 

Jenna first started by teaching us color theory. She went into very fine detail as to how it works and how to mix colors. I loved her collection of brushes. They were all well loved and I think that is what made me love them.

We started off by watching how she made leaves. She took her time and instructed each student once we got going on our own. 

it's so crazy how she can turn a blank piece of paper into a beautiful bouquet! 

Here is my masterpiece! I started off with the leaves on the smaller paper then added flowers to them. 

Here we are after class. I'm on my tippy toes and she is bending down . 

I definitely had a great time! I learned so much and this was a different experience from taking my usual online mixed media studio calico classes. Jenna is such a great teacher and she shares all her techniques with you. She is from San Clemente but offers classes throughout California. You can also catch her on Instagram @jennamrainey. Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Jossie    

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful project!! Love it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That photo with the flowers is so pretty!
    I enjoyed this post and I'm a Lil jealous you're a script pro. Hehe.
    Great work!

    x0, damaris

    ReplyDelete