Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gelatos & Oil Pastels Review

Happy Thursday Crafters!

I am still very new to the craft/scrapbook world.
What I'm learning is what I will be sharing with you today.

If you follow crafty instagramers or crafty blogs you will know that
these gelatos are really in!

I wanted to try them and see what all the fuss was about.
While shopping for the gelatos I also ran across the oil pastels.

These are the packages below.



The inside of the gelatos package. (Below)

Lots of goodies inside for you to try!
I used my 50% coupon at Mikes and got the Gelatos for $12!! Steal right!?  

Look what arrived... my lucky SC box!


I joined an online self paced class called Happy Little Moments and the kit I purchased was by Maggie Holmes.  The kit is what I will use to decorate my book. 


This is an old book that I will make into my own story filled with all my happy lil moments!


Lets get down to buisness... the real reason your reading my post.

This page I used the gelatos.
 They are soooo smooth! They feel great and glide on your paper like butter!  
The words love I did not rub on water, i left it alone.
The upper and lower area of the pages I took some water with a paintbrush to get a water color effect. 



These are the Gelatos and I added some water to try and get the ink to run.
It will look like a pretty background once I add pictures and embelishments.


Here below are the Oil Pastels

These are like using crayons. They are fun to use and the colors are very vibrant. They appear on paper like crayons aswell. 

So if your intrested in these I found them at Barnes & Nobles for $6.95 (cheap too!)


I def love both for different reasons. If I had to pick one I would def go for the Gelatos since you can get the water color effect or leave them as is. 

I will def post more once I actually get a chance to decorate my book!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jossie   

5 comments:

  1. cute...can't wait to see more. I love the California page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You bought gelatos! I wanted to try them, but it's kinda difficult to find here.
    Love your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks for sharing........I was just trying to decide which to buy!! :)

    ReplyDelete