Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

DIY Fabric Art & 2 Window Panels for $16.00

Hi there! Happy Friday!

I thought I would share how I used 1 curtian panel to make some framed art and 2 curtain valances... I even have fabric left over to make two decorative pillows for my bed! (ALL for $16!)



 I had this frame already so I just needed something to place inside.
Fabric from Joanns was going to cost me $80 and it was a special order!
 
Sorry for the poor lighting! I used the bottom part of panel to place in my frame.



The top part of each panel was cut in half since I needed to cover both my bedroom windows.
I used this heat and bond to hem the bottom of each valance. 



All this from 1 window panel from Target $16


Did I mention I still have fabric to make 2 decorative pillow covers for my bed? Pretty cool!
It pays to think outside the box!  

10 comments:

  1. Hey girly its cynthia from intagram :D
    Wow this is fab !!!! I love the damask on this fabric !!!!! sadly i have no idea how to sew :( but will look into this magic heat and bond thing lol !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes do its super easy you just iron on and fold over your hem. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. this looks fabulous!! great job setting up your blog too. you have wonderful things to share! i love those wine glasses! stop by my blog if you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amie thanks for visiting! I did go by your blog on Thursday I added a comment but somehow deleted it? Just wanted to say your blog is very nice too!

      Delete
  3. How do you use the heat bond--can we use this on shirts to glue fabric onto shirts?

    (PS this is nancy from instagram :o) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, you sure can! It's the easy way for people like me who dont know how to sew!

      Delete
  4. I love these! (its griselda from instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Griselda! oh and Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I love that pattern. And who doesn't enjoy a no-sew project?!

    So glad to finally stop by your blog... I've been without internet the last few days. (shezigzags from instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete